We have no current vacancies.
Demos has a long history of hosting research and communications internships at our London office, and we are always looking out for bright and motivated current students and recent graduates, with a great deal of initiative. Our previous interns have gone on to varied and successful careers in the public and private sectors – some even becoming MPs themselves. So too have many stayed on and risen through the ranks here at Demos.
Demos offers two types of paid internships:
- Research placements are offered within each of our four core research programmes
- Communications and Events placements support our busy external affairs team
Arrangements can be flexible to suit individual needs, but as a general rule we encourage placements of up to 3 months, full-time in order to provide a rounded and fulfilling experience. Our internship programme runs throughout the year and we encourage applications from those able to work during term-time as well as in the summer break.
PLEASE NOTE DEMOS DOES NOT OFFER UNPAID INTERNSHIPS .
In order that we can fulfil our commitment to paying interns at least the National Minimum Wage, we only recruit current students and recent graduates who have secured full/partial funding from their academic institution. We therefore ask that before approaching us you speak to your university careers office to see if they are able to fully fund or part-fund your placement with us. Please include details of your funding within your cover letter.
Application instructions and supporting documents:
- Application Guidelines & Deadlines
- Job spec: Research Assistant internship
- Job spec: Comms & Events internship
To apply, please review the above documents and send an application consisting of a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Your cover letter should be no more than two pages and should include:
- How you meet the criteria listed on the job spec
- Details of funding you have secured
- If you are applying for a research position, your preferred programme of work
- Your preferred start date and length of internship
We are not aware of alternative sources of funding beyond academic institutions.
Regrettably, Demos cannot accept applications for work experience placements at present.